Sunday, April 10, 2011

Moving In....

Wowsa! What's THIS all about?!!!  THREE posts in one day!??  Yall don't git used to this!  It's just that there's a LOT going on and there are a Lot of Whiners (you know who you ARE) out there who want to know Everything that is happening since they cannot BE here to join in on the revelry, uh, serious Collie Nationals Business...


So....we Moved IN today!!!  The Expo was open for "exhibitors only" at 5 pm, and since I kinda crowd in w/the Collie Health Foundation folk, well, we set up our grooming area and got everything organized.


I drove INTO the Expo Building, yall!!!!

But, First, let's back up to earlier in the afternoon.  Tea time, perhaps.  A need for a bit of the juice of the vine and maybe a few potato chips and some Collie hugs...


We met at Nancy's suite. She's sharing it with Mary and Hal. And several Collies.



This Collie (Betsa)  finished her Championship with Carl and has gone to live with Mary and Hal.  She is beloved and doted upon by these people, literally dogging Hal's every step when they are at home.  I see such wisdom in her eyes.  And she has a big work ethic and loves her humans.



Collie noses. What a sad thing that there are actually people in this world who have never Seen such a sight as this....



The Madam of Sunnybank went to WalMart. I'd asked her to look for a Starbucks store while she was out.  Wanted to get some decent coffee to replace the packets the hotel has....Well, this resourceful woman found Starbucks coffee AT Walmart!!!  She stopped by Nancy's to deliver the goods to me...Whoooohooooo!!!  We shall truly have some good stuff come tomorrow morning...THANKS, Gerrie...



Doncha just love this picture?!  Gerrie is a very beloved person....

ANYway, back to the Expo.  Where I'm DRIVING in, remember?!  I have never had to "thread" such a small needle with a minivan before.  As Eileen said, I "stretched" a little today.





Greeting us as we came in at the building is Anne Cross.  My friend that Susy McHughes gave me....But THAT is another blog post unto itself.  Anne has Huge dreams for me.  This week ONE of them is coming true when James and I dance at the Nationals...


These people sure do HUG a lot, don't they!



 
This is my Disapproving Look....This woman and her climbing up high on thangs scares me to de-yauth (Southern pronunciation of "death").  I got up there to maybe, I don't know...catch? her if she fell....If ya cain't stop her, then you might as well BE close by to break th fall....
ANYway, we got the ex-pens off the roof rack and set up at our grooming space.  Banners firmly placed behind them..
Looking GOOD, huh?!!!




Tomorrow is set-up day (fer real) and also Breeders' Education Class.  Brenda's going to that.  I'm not "brave" enough to be a breeder...I think I'll take some nice time with the boyz, maybe get into the Big Ring and dance around a bit.  So...the Collie Nationals will be in Full Swing in another day.  But it SURE looks like it is swingin away right now!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Toni for keeping us informed! Yes, I am one of the "whiners." So, keep taking photos and posting blogs :-)

Brenda looks perfectly comfortable on the roof--I guess that's why she's a "Skydancer." :-)

xxxooo

-Amee