Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Staining the Deck

DH Bikeman does not like to be outside for any reason, unless there is a bicycle involved.  So, when Deck Maintenance this summer reared its sizzling head, I was amazed at his total immersion in the task.

He stuck with the job until the final brushstroke, and even admitted that he had a fun time.


I, of course, reveled in the time outside together, and rejoice in the Final Product of a nicely-repaired and sealed deck.   

Bikeman doesn't listen to music "casually," so we didn't have the radio or ipod playing while we labored.  It's distracting. He says that he "writes down" every note when he hears music, so I just don't even push the issue when we work on a project together.  Instead, we talk.  We talk a LOT.  Lots.  Lots and Lots. 

At one point, I asked him, "What tune is playing in your head right now?"

This man, who performs in a major symphony and has a doctorate in music, replied, "You Are My Sunshine."  .........

"What tune is in YOUR head?" he asked me.

"Un Bel Di, from Puccini's Madam Butterfly......."....................................


go figger.....

No comments: